Join us this upcoming Sunday, August 19th as we continue our sermon series“Dr. Seuss and God.” Rev. Sarah will be giving a Sermon inspired by “Green Eggs and Ham,” titled “Have You Tasted My Jesus?” with scripture from the book of James 4:13-17.
There will be an all church meeting, directly after church this Sunday, to discuss the use of our building by another congregation. Please plan on attending if it is at all possible.
Church Women United is hosting their annual Scholarship Fundraiser at Backyard Burger @ 15908 E 23rd St. in Independence on Thursday, Aug 23rd. Scholarships are available to senior students graduating from high schools in the Independence city limits.
Grab a coupon (or two) from the table in the Narthex and present it with your order and a percentage of your sale will go toward the fundraiser. See you there!
The end of the summer is upon us, and its almost time for the choir to start back up. I hope you are all having an enjoyable summer, and will be refreshed, recharged, and ready to get back to work. The first Sunday the choir will be singing in church will be the Sunday after Labor Day, September 9th. Our first rehearsal will be Wednesday August 22nd at 6:30, with regular weekly rehearsals to follow.
If you have sung in an organized choir before or you’ve sung with us before (you know who you are) and you need an outlet for the “music in you”, now is the time to yield to the “call” and get back to it. Just let me know you’re interested, and we can discuss where you’ll fit in. We can always use more folks on all parts.
So, I’ll see you Wednesday 8/22 at 6:30. It will be good to be back working with you all again.
- August 18: Baby Grace Open House – 10:00am – Noon
- August 22: Choir Rehearsals Begin – 6:30pm
- August 26: Church Picnic @ Gail and Linda Barrier’s House – After Church
- September 1: Council on Ministries Meeting – 10:00am
- September 4: Trustees Meeting – 6:30pm
- September 5: We serve Neighborhood Dinner @ Stone Church
- September 9: Car Show + Vendors – After Church
- September 12: UMW Meeting – 11:30am
- September 15: Baby Grace Open House – 10:00am – Noon
- September 16: Administrative Board Meeting – After Church
The Project Suppertime Food Pantry is open every Thursday evening from 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
You can enter the church through the South door by the ramp and a volunteer will be there to assist you.
Please keep in mind that during the winter our food pantry will be closed due to inclement weather any time the Independence School district is closed.