MINISTRIES and MISSION PROJECTS
FOOD PANTRY / KORTE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL :
- July Needs: Cereal, Sugar, Crackers, Rice, Beans, Canned Meat, Dry Creamer, Pet Food (5 lb. bags), School Supplies
Anyone interested in helping with Food Pantry distributions and Pantry maintenance?
- People are needed to help give out food on Thursday nights from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm – To put incoming food away and other things as needed
- We are always in need of paper products and personal hygiene items. Below is a short list of items that are in high demand:
- Toilet paper, Canned Soups: Cream of … or Chunky soups, Feminine napkins, Canned Fruit, Cereal, Oatmeal, Peanut Butter, Jelly, Paper Towels, Boxed sides: Instant potatoes, Au-Gratin potatoes, Rice mixes, Flavored pastas, All-in-one shampoo, Canned meat: Tuna, Salmon, Chicken, Ham, Bar Soap, Spaghetti Sauce, Deodorant, Toothpaste
These are just examples, we appreciate whatever you decide to donate, and please nothing that is expired.
Good Samaritan Fund:
The church office receives many requests for emergency assistance. Monetary contributions are always greatly appreciated.
Folgers for Soldiers:
- We are collecting coffee (size 10.8 oz.) in a variety of flavors and roasts, hot chocolate & powdered creamers for soldiers. If you would like to contribute a monetary amount instead of coffee, there will be a coffee container to put this in. That money will be used for shipping or more coffee or creamer
Children’s Ministries (collection containers in the Narthex/Foyer)
- Baby Grace: Diapers, wipes, baby bath items, laundry baskets
Lazarus Ministries 4th Sunday Breakfast for Sojourners (at Grand Avenue Temple) is now being sponsored by NBUMC. There is a skillet just inside the Sanctuary for financial donations. The cost is approx. $100
New Member/Regular Visitor Shepherd Ministry (Brenda, Richard, Fran, Myra, Margaret, Morris)
Monthly Meal offered for Northwest part of Independence – Mt. Washington Neighborhood Community Meal – 584 S. Arlington Ave., Independence, Call 816-226-7364 if you would like to volunteer.