Now that we are all practicing social distancing and staying in our homes, one of the last things we think about is donating to our church. Our church employees are still working diligently to bring us ONLINE services and our church building still has bills to pay. If you are able, please try to help us keep our church from suffering the fate of closing it’s doors during this trying time.
2 Corinthians 9:7 (NIV) says, “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” Tithing means you’re being obedient to God, so you should give without expecting anything in return.
Anything you can give will help. Please stay safe! Thank you and God Bless You.
Greetings Church Family,
I know that these are strange and uncertain times. However, I do have several certain things to report to you today.
– The Project Suppertime Food Pantry will continue to serve groceries to those in need every Thursday evening from 5:30pm – 7:30pm.
– We will not have service in the building on Sundays, but we are actively working on options for online (or virtual) services. Make sure you have followed us on Facebook. We will keep you up-to-date!
– Dominos Club will not be meeting.
– The Appreciation Dinner has been postponed.
– I will be here to serve you and will be available outside of normal office hours.
– Just because we currently cannot have a worship service in person on Sundays does not mean our fellowship has to diminish. I encourage you to actively share your prayer concerns, watch for emails and updates as we adapt our worship during this period of social distancing, and reach out to the members of your small groups about finding a way to continue discussing and studying how to be more like Christ. After all, “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them” – Matthew 18:20. And, we are only limited to 10!
– You should continue giving your tithes and offerings. While much of our social world has been suspended, our bills have not. Now that most all restaurants and bars have closed, think of taking on the additional Lent challenge of supporting our ministries with the money you are saving by not dining out. You can give by mail, in person by appointment, or online via PayPal.
Remember, “The church is not a building made with stone. It is a building made with living flesh. We believers are living stones in God’s temple” (1 Pet. 2:5)
Please don’t hesitate to call or email me if you having any questions, concerns, or needs.
Be vigilant, thoughtful, and wash your hands!
Spring into warm weather! The Flower Power Fundraiser is a perfect way to plan ahead for Spring and help raise funds for the church and our many ministries. There are beautiful assortments of flowers for every season, vegetable gardens, hummingbird and honeybee supporters, and more!
There will be catalogs and order forms at the church on Sunday, or you can order online here – http://nbumc.fpfundraising.com/.
Don’t feel like planting yourself? No problem! Hire the Youth Group to plant at your home for you!
Donate your flower seeds to be planted around the church to beautify our landscape and worship space!
We are having an informal prayer service in the Chapel each Thursday night, from 6:30pm-7:00pm. You can come and go, take communion if you wish, and be anointed too, if you feel led. All you have to do is come to the Chapel between 6:30pm and 7:00pm.
The Project Suppertime Food Pantry is open every Thursday evening from 5:30pm – 7:30pm.
You can enter the church through the South door by the ramp and a volunteer will be there to assist you.
Please keep in mind that during the winter our food pantry will be closed due to inclement weather any time the Independence School district is closed.