Join us this upcoming Mother’s Day Sunday, May 9th for worship! Pastor Barry Freese will be delivering a Sermon titled “There’s No Asterisk After Love One Another” with Scripture from the book of John 15: 9-17.
We returned to in-person Worship on Palm Sunday, March 28. In order to do our best to keep everyone safe, we will follow CDC guidelines.
- Wear a mask at all times when inside the church even if you have been vaccinated.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations will be available and should be used when entering building
- Food & Drink will not be served, but feel free to bring your own beverage
- Physical Distancing:
- Maintain no less than six feet distance between yourself and anyone not in your immediate family
- At least 25 feet distance is required for a singer or speaker without a mask
- Pews will be marked off to designate “no seating” areas
- Please refrain from holding hands, shaking hands, and hugging (air high fives and thumbs up will have to do)
- Surfaces will be cleaned following every use:
- Bathrooms (sanitizing wipes will be available in each bathroom, and we ask each person wipe down surfaces after using)
- Meeting & Class Rooms
- Sanctuary (seating areas, musical instruments, pulpit, music stands)
- Church Office & Pastor’s Study
- Notify church if you have been at church and later find out you have either been exposed to or become infected with Covid-19. Contact would be Rev. Barry Freese at firstname.lastname@example.org or 816-835-2545.
We look forward to being together again in the Sanctuary!
You can now view past services on our website without going to YouTube! Click HERE to check it out!
If you want to visit our YouTube Channel to view our videos, click HERE. Don’t forget to click the notification bell to get notifications of new videos!!!
If you do not have access to a computer, or you are unable to stream videos, you can now worship with us by phone! Dial (816) 205-8436 to listen to an audio recording of the service.
While no one is certain what school will look like for the 3,000 children served by Community Services League at their annual Back to School Fair, we are certain that their feet have grown and they’ll new supplies to get their schoolwork done. We can help by buying new pairs of shoes. They need new shoes in all shapes and sizes to fit students from pre-K through the age of 18.
If you’d like to help, you can deliver to the CSL office, or donate $15 per pair of shoes. Donations can be sent to CSL at 404 N. Noland Road, Independence, MO 64050, (Attn: Development Office/Tennies for Kids) or online at cslcares.org.
Are you wondering how to keep giving to the church? You can continue to give your offering to NBUMC in several different ways: 1)by mail: NBUMC, 1800 S. Northern Blvd., Independence, MO 64052; 2)by dropping off your check during regular office hours (9am-2pm Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday); or right here on our website by clicking on the PayPal button. You don’t have to give THROUGH PayPal, you can go to the option of giving by debit or credit card, which is also on the PayPal button. If you have questions, please call the office and we will help you learn how to do it. (816-252-7977). Even though we have been unable to worship in the building, we are having to keep up the insurance, utilities, trash pickup and salaries, as well as our missional ministries. Every bit you can give helps! And remember, “God loves a cheerful giver.”